Our Sponsors

• Stocks to watch Friday

Friday can bring cash in pockets.......

SCSS ( Select Comfort Corp.)

Select Comfort shareholders reject investment proposal

Sterling Partners, which has offices in Illinois and Maryland, agreed in May to acquire a 52.3 percent stake in Select Comfort for $35 million. The firm would have bought 50 million shares of Select Comfort stock at a price of 70 cents per share, a substantial discount from the stock’s closing price of $2.77 on Wednesday.
    The measure received 49.94 percent of the vote, falling just short of the majority needed for approval.
    For more news Click Here.

This one seems to be promising . Go for it after proper research. Don't hold much but few days will be fine.

ZHNE ( Zhone Technologies )

Zhone Wins Major Equipment Contract with Lebanese Incumbent - OGERO for Metro Wi-Fi, VDSL2, ADSL2+ and EFM Network Access

Zhone Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZHNE), a global leader in network access solutions, announced today that OGERO (Organisme de Gestion et d'Exploitation de l'ex Radio Orient), the incumbent telecommunications operator of the government of Lebanon has named Zhone as its preferred IP access equipment provider. OGERO selected Zhone equipment to support several major projects which include public Wi-Fi access throughout the capital city of Beirut, and ADSL2+, EFM and VDSL2 deployments nation-wide. As the national incumbent in Lebanon, OGERO has already successfully rolled out services to over 75 percent of the country’s DSL subscriber base using Zhone’s MALC multi-service access platforms (MSAPs) and 8800 IP DSLAMs.

For Whole news, Click Here

None of these seems to be candidates for sky rocket type of stock growth but can give decent profit. Be careful tomorrow in trading. Remain away from trade if you are happy with this weeks trades. I am pretty sure for those who were in Fairpoint communications today will be partying.

God Bless,

Be Rich.

16 comments:

1. Anonymous says:

Hi, Zhone announcement was 25-Aug. Is there any room for profit anyway? Maybe.

1. Anonymous says:

Nice. Would be nicer if we could get non-OTC/PINK tips while after hours is still open =]

1. Expectations with Zhone are not much high.Right now its around 8% in red. this thing indicates some profit taking but If you are not already in, don't go for it now.
    SCSS was good for a decent 10 % profit today. Holding SCSS for few more days will also be profitable

1. Anonymous says:

I placed pre-market order of SCSS @ $4.77 then the market opened @ $3.3 something.
    What did I do it wrong???? How could this be happening????

1. The pre-market price of $4.80 was completely manipulated. Only 7050 shares were traded pre market today in some 15 trades and yours seems to be 1 of those 15. As I had mentioned in the post, this stock was not the sky rocket type. You probably have some 100 shares so you haven't lost much. Hold them for a week , you may come in green. But you learnt a lesson form this. When trades in pre-market are happening only one in more than 30 minutes, tells you clearly people are not interested to buy and that it is wise to wait for the market open.

1. I will try to mention in my posts and I have mentioned in the past when I want you guys to enter pre-market.

1. Anonymous says:

Thank you very, very much. The bad news is taht I have more than 2000 shares... I think I learned a VERY good lesson... :(
    Still, I don't know whether I should hold or sell... :(

I am quite a newbie to stock market and I just discovered your blog few days ago.
    I visit your blog many times a day!

Again, greatly appreciate!

1. Anonymous says:

Hold for a week and see some profit given that you bought at $4.8? I don't think that's gonna happen, man!! Sell it now while you still can!!

1. Anonymous says:

selling now will make you lose around $3000!!!!!!! Try your luck and hold for few days so atleast you can lessen the loss.

1. Anonymous says:

One of my darkest days in my life... half of my tution is gone... will I be able to recover some of them by holding this stock long enough?
    I was such an idiot. Went into pre-market without fully understood how it works. Such a painful lesson to learn... :(

1. JMAN says:

SCSS has never reached $4 in it's recent history. What were you thinking? You dmumped idiot!

1. Anonymous says:

ZHNE advice needed....Bought on 0.65 now its 0.60 should I sell?

1. Anonymous says:

Knowledge is everything, can you give me more advice about the loss on SCSS? The loss is several thousands and to be honest with you I have not recovered from yesterday pain yet... Gee, I am the most stupid guy in the world!

1. Anonymous says:

To the newbie who has lost half of his tuition...Do not sell ZHNE. Let me tell you why.... But first, if you are going to invest money that is needed for things, then layer yourself in. Buy 500 shares and if the run up continues the next morning then drop more into it and start watching intraday charts for your exit. But if you are not in already then wait a few days for the price to settle. Anyway back to ZHNE, this company is still undervalued even at the price you got it at. ZHNE was .27 just days before their last quarterly earnings report and they reported oh about a 100% EPS gain over the same quarter last year and their price went up 33% in a day. They also have the only government approved network access for rural communities. And they signed on as the Lebanese IP provider. Are you kidding? I understand people wanting to sell to get a 50%+ profit, but if they dont get back in then this one is going to cost them a lot in the future. Lebanon's network structure absolutely blows ours away. It is one of the best in the world and they picked ZHNE to manage it. ZHNE also has .18 cash on hand for every share, and that is far better than most companies percentage wise to price. Look at SYY who has 1.84 for every $25+ share, ZHNE has better fundamentals on just about everything if you look at percentages. If SYY is supposed to be the network king then why wouldnt Lebanon ask them instead of a company with 329 employees? Also do not forget about the 8 billion from the stimulus for upgrading the lousy network infrastructure here in the US that has not been started yet. Factor these 2 things in with the previous quarter's huge surpise and you have a company that will help you get 2 or 3 semesters of tuition easy by their next quarterly report or for sure by the next annual report. I know all seems hopeless when you see 2 days of selling, but the same thing happened to me with RTK, Rentech. I also would recommend that you begin monitoring them as well. They make the only commercially approved synthetic fuel in the US. And even though they are not big enough to provide it on a mass scale, the potential of synthetic fuel absolutely blows anything away that anyone who reads this blog has ever invested in ever, I promise. Think about it.... Synthetic fuel.... Their is no pharmaceutical drug that could bring in 1/100th of that revenue potential. They will get bought out and soon enough or go from the $2 they are now to whatever they feel like. None of the big boys like Exxon, etc.. can sell their synthetic fuel in the US because they cannot meet the standards. Little ol' Rentech can though, and the government will want some of this BAD for the 5.4 billion dollar Air Force fuel budget. I saw JMAN had commented earlier, so I had to give a Rentech shout out. In the future, do not buy any of the stocks featured on this site unless you get to them real early. I cant get to most in the morning because I have a job. But what I do get is some great stocks to short for 1 or 2 days. This is the best place to get some picks, but you have to know how to play them or you will get murdered. Now what you need to do is monitor ZHNE until you see that it is going up for 2 hours and then wait for it to go back down just a bit and put 25% more of you tuition at the cheaper price. They only have 100 million shares available and of that, 55M is already owned by insiders and institutions. On a negative note, there is hardly any short interest on this, but I think it is because shorters are much more disciplined and know there are a lot better opportunities than this stick of dynamite. I dont like to buy and hold for more than 3 days, but you are in this now so play it smart and make your money back and some.

1. Anonymous says:

Sorry, I looked at Sysco instead of Cisco earlier. Cisco compares okay to ZHNE's cash per share, but look at last quarter earnings compared to same quarter prior year. ZHNE is up 98% and CSCO is down 45%. ZHNE is up 400% in the last 6 monnths too. Dont even start to worry about this one. The real jump has not even come yet.

1. John says:

The newbie who lost half of his tution is on SCSS. And the price he bought in was too high ($4.77) that I don't think he is able to recover some of his loss. God bless.